General Data Protection Regulation ( GDPR )
The day has finally come. The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has become reality. With this new law every user has the right to know what data a service is storing. This post tries to clear up the situation what that means and what actually changed.
The whole purpose of storing/ processing any user data on my services:
- provide the service the user registered for
- guarantee that the server/ service operates correctly
I do not profile, track and/ or monetize any of my users.
terms of service
Due to the GDPR changes and users from different countries I updated and translated the terms of service .
changes to the system
- log lifetime decreased from 14 to 7 days
- logs archive lifetime decreased from 14 to 7 day (allowing me to react to error/ warning messages)
- removal of all direct Facebook like/ share eg buttons
- replacement of the Disqus commentary system
- better solution to prevent xmpp spam